THROTTLE POSITION SENSORS (TPS)
- The throttle position sensor, sometimes known as a TPS, is an electrical device designed to monitor the position of the vehicle throttle valve, plate, butterfly or spindle.
- The throttle position sensor is an integral part of the vehicle engine management system, located in or on the throttle body assembly; the throttle position sensor enables the vehicle engine management system (ECU) to accurately determine the angle and rotational speed of the vehicle throttle valve.
- The throttle position sensor output signal is used by the ECU to identify throttle position required for fuel and air delivery, ignition timing and other important functions.
- The throttle position sensor must be compatible with the vehicle engine management system; the Tridon throttle position sensor range has been carefully researched and engineered to suit each specific application.
- As throttle position sensor electrical circuits, technical specifications and appearance may vary; always refer to the Tridon vehicle application list to ensure correct part number selection.